Early on August 19, Beijing time, leaked GTA 6 gameplay footage began spreading online, with a hacker group claiming responsibility for the leak.
Several clips and images reportedly showing Grand Theft Auto 6 quickly appeared across social media. Take-Two Interactive responded by removing the leaked material through DMCA copyright requests.

The rapid takedowns have added credibility to the leaked footage, although players should still be careful with unverified files and links circulating online.
The consumer advocacy group Stop Killing Games has now publicly condemned the leak. The organization urged its supporters not to endorse or financially support the people behind it, regardless of their opinions about Rockstar Games.
“Footage from GTA 6 has been leaked, and a hacker group has claimed responsibility.”
Stop Killing Games said it would not name the group to avoid giving it additional attention. According to the organization, the leaked footage was also used to promote a memecoin, cryptocurrency links and QR codes. The group reportedly demanded payment in exchange for access to more leaked content.

The organization strongly warned players against paying for the material. It argued that using illegal methods to make demands does not help protect players’ rights and could instead damage the wider gaming community.
Stop Killing Games also expressed sympathy for Rockstar’s developers, pointing out that thousands of developers have spent years working on GTA 6.
The organization said that players who are unhappy with decisions made by gaming companies should turn that frustration into constructive action instead of supporting illegal leaks.
The latest incident is particularly notable because Rockstar Games has already faced a major GTA 6 leak in the past. In 2022, a massive security breach exposed a large amount of early development footage from the game.
As previously reported, CyberLeek, which claimed responsibility for the latest leak, had published a manifesto targeting Rockstar on its website. The website is now inaccessible.
Rockstar Games has not yet released a detailed public statement about the latest incident. However, Take-Two’s DMCA actions suggest that the company is actively working to remove unauthorized copies of the leaked footage.
For fans, the safest option is to avoid downloading, purchasing or sharing leaked files. Unverified links can also expose users to scams, malware and other security risks.
Grand Theft Auto 6 remains one of the most anticipated games in the world, and the latest leak is likely to generate even more discussion around Rockstar’s upcoming title.
What do you think about the GTA 6 leak? Should fans completely avoid leaked footage? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Discover more from Passionategeekz
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

0 Comments